What Do We Forget To Clean Our Offices in Perth
Certain office in Perth requires deep cleaning and that is a no-brainer. Most facility managers remember to wipe down desktops, clean the bathrooms … Windows typically aren't neglected and the floors are mopped or vacuumed. But there are areas of your office that are less obvious and less visible which are often overlooked in the process of cleaning. These areas contribute to an unpleasant first impression for both customers and visitors overall.
Just because these areas are out of sight, don't overlook them. Make it a point to clean those overlooked spots on a regular basis.
1. Behind the printers and the copying machines Especially if your copying machine is in high demand, it's likely to leave behind tiny particles that accumulate around, under and behind the machine, contributing to a messy and dusty area. Smudges on the glass will also leave your copies dirty and unprofessional in appearance.
2. Microwave Oven Maybe nothing in an office becomes more used and abused than the microwave. Explosions of food which are not cleaned up immediately will leave funky smells and disgusting bacteria.
3. Walls How much dirt, dust, and grime can adhere to vertical surfaces might surprise you. Especially when the walls are textured or wallpapered, they must be regularly wiped off.
4. Frames Inspect your office artwork's glass and you'll find grim film or fingerprints you need to wipe off. Be sure to dust the frame tops too as it tends to be a dust and dander collection area.
5. Baseboards Dust and scuff marks on baseboards begin to make the office look worn down and uncared for. In addition, the accumulated dust will eventually find its way into HVAC systems and make the air you breathe unhealthily.
6. Tiles on ceiling Don't forget to take a look. Your visitors and your customers do. If your company has acoustic tiles on the ceiling, they must be kept free of dust. Pay special attention to the tiles in the vicinity of the vents because they are prone to dark staining. Or hire a commercial office cleaning services to get the job done.
7. Fan Blades on ceiling Fan blades loving to pile up dirt. If you go too long without cleaning your ceiling fan, after it is turned on, the dirt and dust that has piled up on the blades will quickly spread across the office. The thick coat of dust transferred to surfaces of the furniture will make it harder for the rest of the room to maintain and create unhealthy breathable air.
8. Light Fixtures Fluorescent light fixtures are like a magnet area in which bugs go to die. Usually, these fixtures accumulate dust that dulls their shine. Because they're out of our line of sight, we don't often notice how dirty lights get until they're covered and filthy.
9. Vents & Ducts Your heating system had probably been in constant use during the cold winter months. If you don't clean your winds and ducts regularly, there's a lot of dust built up in there and that affects the health of your employees.
10. Tops and Blinds You may regularly clean your windows but how often do you clean your curtains and blinds? But curtains and blinds easily collect dust, and can really start looking dull. While blinds are time-consuming to clean, bear in mind that the longer you wait for them to be cleaned, the harder they are cleaned and all that unhealthy dust will continue to spread around your office.
11. Plants and Vegetables You may not recognise just how much dust and cobwebs can cling to your greenery, whether it's live or artificial. Remove dead or dying leaves regularly to keep these little touches of nature looking clean and fresh.
12. Furniture and Upholstery Dingy, stained furniture could benefit from a good steam cleaning from time to time. Whether it is an upholstered chair in the lobby or leather chairs in a conference room, office furniture somehow gets neglected. But your furniture is collecting germs and residue on a daily basis. Even leather furniture can become dusty and oily.
Keeping all these areas clean can sure feel overwhelming. Most employees keep their personal spaces clean but who is responsible for cleaning the common areas? Consider letting Stormfront Cleaning do the dirty work for you by performing a deep cleaning of your office in Perth with a routine cleaning schedule.